We are committed to supporting the University with objective assurance and advisory services that assess risk and promote a strong internal control environment.
To be a driving force for a culture of integrity, accountability, and positive change to further the University mission.
Values are traits or qualities that are considered worthwhile; they form the cornerstones of all we do and accomplish. We are convinced that the key to creating a truly great audit department is a continuous focus on the values that guide its employees’ actions. These are our core values:
- Go Team. As a united team, we support collaboration, open communication, empowerment, and sharing. We are committed to supporting each other to achieve individual and departmental success.
- Respect. Our relationships with the University community and with each other are characterized by respect. We appreciate individual differences and experiences. We strive to create an atmosphere where everyone feels welcome, included, and valued.
- Raising the bar. We pride ourselves in providing quality, value-added services to the University. As professionals, we are competent in our work, responsive to our clients, and focused on excellence.
- Do the right thing. We are committed to the highest degree of fairness, honesty, and ethical conduct in the performance of our work. We operate free from bias and maintain objectivity and confidentiality in all that we do.
- Outside the box. We are open to new ideas and have the flexibility to change in ways that better serve us, our customers, and the University. We encourage creativity and innovation.
- Lifelong learners. We support team development by providing education, training, and professional opportunities. We take responsibility for our personal growth to continually improve the quality of our work.
- We are people too. Work is an important part of life and should be fun. We cheer individual efforts and celebrate accomplishments. We create a satisfying and enjoyable workplace by balancing professional and personal priorities.
Diversity: We commit to increasing diversity, which is expressed in myriad forms, including race and ethnicity, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, language, culture, national origin, religious commitments, age, (dis)ability status, and political perspective.
Equity: We commit to working actively to challenge and respond to bias, harassment, and discrimination. We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status.
Inclusion: We commit to pursuing deliberate efforts to ensure that our campus is a place where differences are welcomed, different perspectives are respectfully heard and where every individual feels a sense of belonging and inclusion. We know that by building a critical mass of diverse groups on campus and creating a vibrant climate of inclusiveness, we can more effectively leverage the resources of diversity to advance our collective capabilities.